Monday October 31, 2005

Well I’m back in the city.  Had a safe and fun flight home.  We had a half empty plane and the steward was in a very jovial mood, I’m guessing cause of halloween.  We were given candy bars (and we didn’t even have costumes on).  I sat beside a guy who was a professing Christian, so we an interesting little talk.  Oh, and the strangest part of the whole flight was when we got left off the plane here in philly.  We walked right out onto the. . . the. . . well, the outdoors.  So weird.  We walked across that dangerous ground where little vehicle’s whip around and people w/reflectors walk and planes taxi up to gates.  O.K., it really wasn’t that dangerous and we didn’t have far to walk to the building.  Just seemed stange.

And yes (Lamarr), I will miss quite a few people in Indiana.  Especially my family.  I feel so blessed to have been able to spend over a week w/them.  And I made a few friends out their that I will miss as well.  Gotta find some people around here that would enjoy a good game of mafia.

Tomorrow I’m hoping to head out around noon to downington, providing the trains don’t go on strike like the rest of the septa system.  Oh man,  I just thought of another problem.  I won’t even be able to catch a bus to the train station.  And Jeanette and Rose have a rather full and busy day tomorrow.  Oh, but I wouldn’t even want to try to get on a bus w/all my luggage.  Forgot about that minor detail.  I’m sure someone will be able to sacrifice 20 minutes of their time to drop me off in C.C. tomorrow.

Alright, gotta go.  Later.

1. myfrey  •  Nov 1, 2005 @8:05 am

So glad to hear you made it back safe and sound!  Hope you can find your way back to Lanc. Co. again, soon.  Can’t wait for Thurs.  My boss said I may have off :).  btw, are we still gonna have a sister’s nite out?  Not sure yet how it will all work out for me, cause I will be able to start painting by the end of the week.  But, I hope we can squeeze it in sometime before you move back to the city.  Anyway, I will see you later today?  Safe trip back.  Luv, yf

2. iheartMrYoder  •  Nov 1, 2005 @10:14 am

glad you made it home safe & had a good time!

3. indianaboy  •  Nov 1, 2005 @12:26 pm

Maybe they gave you candy becuase they thought you had a costume on. ha, ha!

4. Anonymous  •  Nov 1, 2005 @1:29 pm

Glad to hear your flight went well.  Hope the train is on schedule.  Luv, ch

5. travelingon  •  Nov 1, 2005 @3:57 pm

glad to hear u are back home safely! totally need to find pple to play Mafia with out there!!! i think IN has the best liars tho. i am not mentioning Lana or Lamar’s names either!!

6. Anonymous  •  Nov 1, 2005 @4:22 pm

Glad ur trip was great.  Hope it works out sooner then later when we can ALL get together…..

7. beckyfox  •  Nov 2, 2005 @7:19 pm

Hey Lucy, is your vacation over already?  It don’t seem that long ago that you said you were leaving.  Welcome home.  (:

8. iheartMrYoder  •  Nov 3, 2005 @9:51 am

so are you all back into the hang of things in the city after you time off? hope your haveing a good day!

9. Anonymous  •  Nov 3, 2005 @5:07 pm

Just dropping in to say “hi”. And that I finally played mofia for the 1st time several weeks ago at the cabin w/ a bunch of friends. I always heard people playing and could not figure it out by listening, but I finally got the hang of it and I thought it was actually fun! So, come over, bring some friends, and we’ll play! =)