Thursday December 8, 2005

Had the most delightful day today.  In a minute I’ll tell you about it.
O.K., I’m back.  Anyways. . .  as I was saying, I had an all around good day, except for one particular instince this morning.  Alta, the station wagon, was trying my patience.  I hopped in it, pulled out the gate, and when I went to hop out to shut the gate, it refused to budge.  So in great anger I crawled over and out the passenger door.  I shut the gate than attacked the door from the outside and it worked.  As I opened and slammed it shut a couple times (to make sure it worked), I called it mean names.  Then I almost had to laugh at myself cause the car sure didn’t care how I felt about it.
But the rest of my day was pretty o.k.  I bussed into Center City to see Alicia’s mom (she’s in Jefferson Hospital).   I gave her a Bible which she was extremely excited about it.  I asked her where I should put it, but she just wanted to hold it.  Met a friendly man in the elevator and we discussed the impending storm.  Before I caught the bus back home, I popped into a starbucks and enjoyed myself a nice peppermint mocha (3/4 shot of espresso made it much more enjoyable for my coffee hating self).  I even got to read the New York Times while I sat there enjoying the Christmas music, mocha,  and time to myself.  Then, I froze myself (well, it felt like it) as I walked the 3 blocks to the bus stop and then waited for what seemed like forever.  Oh my word, when I went in, the funniest thing happened.  Well, I thought it was funny.  Most the other people on the bus were annoyed.  We were almost at Market Street, which was about 3 blocks from where I wanted to be, when the bus driver stopped the bus and anounced that she had to use the bathroom.  We were to remain on the bus and she would be right back.  Never had that happen before, but I guess if you gotta go, you gotta go.  Since I was so close, I decided not to wait.  I hopped off and just walked a bit further.
So once back home, I helped Rose make final preparations for a ladies tea, that she had planned.  It was about 10 ladies and two little ladies, and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves.  Props to Rose for organizing a wonderful evening.
And tomorrow, I’ll probably be snowed in.  Yea!!!!!!  I have plenty of work to do around here, so I’m sure I won’t get bored.  Later.

Bradley, Jerek, and I matched.  Jerek refused.

1. Anonymous  •  Dec 8, 2005 @10:52 pm

Cool! Waiting.

2. travelingon  •  Dec 9, 2005 @1:58 pm

hey hey, i would say matchy matchy with the little guy! he’s a cutie. just so u know i did update. like a word or two and some pics so u can relax now. this thing is going to pot cause i don’t have enough time to do this and im and e-mail. plus then there is always texting and calling! too much stuff to do. so where do i fit in my friends that i hang out with??? they just kind of fit in there some where altho i am told time and again that they are very neglected! :( can’t help it! anyhoo, once again i am rambling and i need to get busy.

O the party was good last night. lots of food left so if u hike out here we could have another party!

3. Anonymous  •  Dec 9, 2005 @2:03 pm

SO DID YOU GUYS GET SNOW THEN?  WE DID!  ARE YOU GOING TO AROUND AGAIN TONIGHT?  STOP IN AT MY V-BALL GAME, 8:15.  BY THE WAY, I HEARD YOU GUYS ARE GOING CAROLING SUNDAY…  TERESA AND I WERE THINKING ABOUT COMING DOWN.  WOULD THAT BE COOL?  I’M INVITED TO JANELLE AND KELVINS FOR DINNER SUNDAY, SO I WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE AFTER THAT.  I COULD PROBABLY MAKE IT DOWN THERE BY LIKE 4-5-ISH?  I’LL CALL YOU TOMORROW MORNING SOMETIME WHEN I’M AT GAFFNEY’S….  LATER ‘BABE’! 😉

4. Bbopper  •  Dec 9, 2005 @9:48 pm

so where all were u –cause i need some ideas for places to go. were they cool-boring-fun-gorgeous-sunny-cold-redneck-rich-poor-u name it :)

5. carsto_girl  •  Dec 10, 2005 @2:01 am

yes ma daling it’s a lovely book. we r all looking forward to coming! we still don’t know for sure when. what r the dates that don’t work for you? i lost the napkin, she says meekly. =P luv ya.

6. iheartMrYoder  •  Dec 11, 2005 @2:41 pm

whos child & cute picture there…