Monday January 9, 2006

Today was an “almost one of my best days” type of day.  Started it out right w/an early morning walk with Norma.  Early, as in, 8 o’clock.  But hey, that means getting up shortly after 7:00 so I have time to get ready and be at Norma’s by 8:00.  She lives a whole 2 and a half blocks away, you know.  And we’re doing it again tomorrow.

Actually, there really wasn’t anything that spectacular about today, so I’m not sure why it made the “almost” catergory.  Staff meeting like usual and it was actually kinda boring.  Except for little Bradley, who did a good job of entertaining me.  Or did I entertain him?  Hmmm, I think it goes both ways.  Staff lunch after staff meeting (our usual Monday left-overs), and then in the afternoon I went to Norma’s place to do some ironing for her (my Christmas gift to her – always fun to hang out with her).   Homework club at 3:25 and I even took on a new girl.  Her name is Destiny and I don’t even know her, but she’s in the same class as the other girls I have, so I figured it shouldn’t be to difficult to add another one.

And then this evening, Sheanise came over.  I haven’t spent much time w/her lately, and I had an unplanned evening, so when she called asking for help w/a school project, I happily agreed.

My “almost best day”,  just about became an “almost very bad day”  when I went on-line, just a few minutes ago, to check out car insurance quotes for the city here.  Ouch!  Double Ouch!  Almost 5 times what I’m paying to keep it in the country.  I think if I’d actually call my agent, I’d get a better quote, but right now I’m thinking things like impossible and bankruptcy and “I HATE INSURANCE” and “I’ll just take the bus, thank you”.

Later, Lucy

1. myfrey  •  Jan 10, 2006 @12:11 pm

It was great talking w/you today.  I thinks it’s so awesome how you have made the city your home.  It’s easy to see that you really enjoy your work there and really enjoy connecting w/people and helping them.  I believe that is one of the gifts God has given you.  I believe you have touched and impacted many lives by just being who God made you to be.  Keep it up!  Praying for you as you face many different situations every day!  Have a great week!  Luv ya

2. carsto_girl  •  Jan 10, 2006 @12:28 pm

thank u for feeding my fish. yeah it’s going to be one big fatso. glad u had a good day. and yeah screw insurance. just pray nothing happens. whatever happend to faith? lol. with me and my record there is no longer faith in my ablility. my pops would never dream of no insurance. so yeah just do a bus. if something happens…sue…love and later.

3. myfrey  •  Jan 10, 2006 @12:42 pm

No way!  I don’t think you have to worry about the minutes.  I think we always have plenty to spare.  Thanks for the compliment – I never really thought about it.  Have a good one.

4. carsto_girl  •  Jan 12, 2006 @12:00 am

it must b the rain cuz i listened to that song like 20 times today. i am feeling weird lately. very depressed and morbid. thinking weird thoughts. considering asking sum1 to marry me. lol. who should i ask? ha ha. don’t u just love when u crack urself up?! it’s flippin awesume!! i even got a new song that makes me feel weepy. a song josh sang to me. and i listened to that one like 10 times. it’s very sappy and makes u wanna cry and fall in love. lol. this is so funny. i am sitting here cracking myself up. for real, i think it’s pathetic. i am laughing at my own jokes. salty. i think i’m drunk just a tad drunk. i have tears. =P

5. myfrey  •  Jan 12, 2006 @11:42 am

Looks like me and Carmen are taking turns here!  Anyway, just thought I’d check in w/you to see how your week has been going.  Have a great day!  Luv

6. Anonymous  •  Jan 12, 2006 @8:39 pm

Just for your info I finally posted!  Have a great day!

7. Anonymous  •  Jan 12, 2006 @9:42 pm

Is the rush over yet and the breakdown starting?! dh

8. Anonymous  •  Jan 13, 2006 @2:40 pm

Don’t worry about the thread.  Maybe you’ll have use for it in the future.  2nd w-end in Feb?-PR trip.

9. Anonymous  •  Jan 13, 2006 @10:06 pm

Northern IN.  Did you catch that Dave asked about the breakdown?  I hemmed the cape & pinned the back skirt on tonight. Have the front on already.

10. Anonymous  •  Jan 13, 2006 @10:08 pm

*gulp*… ummm……  guess what lucy…. :-(