9 randoms – Thursday September 13, 2007

1.  I saw the sunrise yesterday morning.  The first time I saw that since. . .  a very long time.

2.  I went to Marie’s babyshower.  There were pregnant ladies everywhere.  Monica thought it must be a disease and said not to share any cups.

3.  Biked to work today and it was actually cold enough to wear a sweater.  As much as I’m looking forward to cooler weather, I am not looking forward to having to wear numerous layers to go to work.

4.  I liked Texas.  And the people I met there.  And the ones I knew before.

5.  I like iphones, but I’m not sure how practical it would be for my un-technologically inclined self.

6.  Fell today at work for the third time in a year.  Suzanna has worked there for almost 3 and a half years and fell for the first time on Saturday.  I think she deserves an award.  In case your’re wondering if falling is a common occurence at work. . .  Not really, but our floors get very slippery when wet and I seem to have a knack for skating into slippery situations and losing it.  And of course someone always gets to witness it.  Thankfully I’ve never been injured seriously, except for my pride.

7.  I think it’s time for me to purchase a pair of “no-slip crocs” for work.

8.  It’s getting cooler.  I think fall is upon us.

9.  This is my favorite time of year.  September through January 1st.  I love this time of year.  January through April has got to be my least favorite time of year.  I don’t do well with frigid cold for extended periods of time.

IMG_5239

Spent Friday in San Antonio with Duane’s sister Lois and Joe, and Travis.

IMG_5241

One of the many fountainish things.

IMG_5279

The Alamo

IMG_5250

Gorgeous walkway at the Alamo

IMG_5257

Father and son at the Tower of the America’s

I think the only pictures we have of Texas are in San Antonio.  How sad is that.  More pictures next time, hopefully.

1. beautyamoungthebeasts  •  Sep 13, 2007 @8:41 pm

What fun Lucy!  Can’t wait to catch up w/ you more sometime!

2. twofus_1  •  Sep 13, 2007 @9:10 pm

Loved the post!  #2 is hilarious!

3. Anonymous  •  Sep 13, 2007 @9:44 pm

can’t remember if I told you this or not, but I am so happy for you. I won’t be able to be at the Newswanger reunion. bummer. would have loved to catch up with you (if you were going to be there)

4. myfrey  •  Sep 13, 2007 @10:03 pm

You probably don’t really need my opinion, but I don’t like the way your site is set up.  I can only see about half of a picture.  Anyway, hope you have a great weekend!  Luv

5. howfarisheavn  •  Sep 13, 2007 @10:30 pm

hey love the pics! and the post :) please be careful to not fall again..i really dont want to get a call saying that you got hurt at work!!! lol.

6. dreamwings  •  Sep 14, 2007 @8:01 am

:) me likes

7. twofus_1  •  Sep 14, 2007 @12:37 pm

I blew the mood-to-clean really hard in your direction.  Unfortunately, it may be next week till it reaches you.

8. apples4me  •  Sep 14, 2007 @12:40 pm

just thought i would drop you a hi, enjoyed the post.

9. luvmyfamily75  •  Sep 15, 2007 @11:35 pm

Hi there! It’s been a crazy week and I’m just now sneaking in some Xanga time and found your site. I like it! #2 – lol. Also, I think #7 is a great idea. I think crocs would be cool, but Steve thinks they’re ugly and says I should not waste money on them. Have a great weekend!

10. datcgf  •  Sep 16, 2007 @10:21 pm

Do not share cups!
    and
    I’m not looking forward to cold.

11. dreamstillcometrue  •  Sep 17, 2007 @1:33 pm

i love your randoms. :]
    i need to get up to see the sunrise again. someday soon.

12. apples4me  •  Sep 22, 2007 @9:46 am

yeah we make it to sell, It dosn’t take that long really about 3 hrs for 16 cases so we make it about once a week or sometimes twice a week.