Life in Texas – Monday December 24, 2007

We’ve been enjoying ourselves down here.  Texas welcomed us with very nice weather, but something happened on Saturday and things got rather cold.  Sunday morning, I think it was below 30 when we wokeup (er, I mean, when some people woke up).  I don’t think it will take long for my in-laws to find out how much I like to sleep in.

The first two days, we visited doctors.  All reports came back clear and the one Doctor that he used to see every six months, graduated him to yearly visits.

IMG_5952

This is the Doctor who “saved” Duane’s life.  He refuses to take credit, though.  He credits it to God, which is true of course, but I’m thankful that God has given Christian men like him the ability and knowledge to do what he does.

IMG_5969 IMG_5974

Duane’s family.  It’s a large tribe.  Lots of fun.  We were all together yesterday for Christmas dinner, including Duane’s grandma, two Aunts, and an Uncle and his family.  Full house.

IMG_6003

Duane and I with the large Texas sky and beautiful moon in the background.

IMG_5985

Daune and his brothers – Phil, Harold, Jason, Duane, and Tim.

Well it’s time for Duane’s mom, sister, and I to head to town to meet the men for lunch.  “Head to town.”  That’s so fun to say.  So countryish.

All right, we’re heading to town.  Later.

1. floridabreze  •  Dec 24, 2007 @7:05 pm

Was the trip to town fun?

Wishing you God’s Love and Peace throughout the coming year! ~Twila

2. beautyamoungthebeasts  •  Dec 25, 2007 @9:33 am

Hey!  I “head to town” all the time!  isn’t it awesome!  gonna miss it when i go. . . . so glad you shared some pics of adventures from the great state of Texas!  jealoused!!!  Can’t wait to talk to you when you come back~jo

3. dreamstillcometrue  •  Dec 26, 2007 @11:26 am

thank you, my dear, i did have a most wonderful christmas! the only sad part was that it wasn’t white, therefore you didn’t miss out on too much by being in texas. :]. i so love a white christmas…
    (i hear rumors that you might possibly be moving closer to my area. this is a good thing, i’m quite sure, a very good thing! )

4. myfrey  •  Dec 26, 2007 @3:09 pm

Enjoyed the update!  Looking forward to Saturday!  Have a great week.  Luv

5. bcuzHElivz  •  Dec 27, 2007 @9:39 pm

wow! no kidding a full house. looks like ya’ll could use a place like camp as well. Will you move to Texas?

6. busdriver45  •  Jan 7, 2008 @10:35 pm

Is she invited? : ) Can she be in the bridal party w/ me? lol

7. carsto_girl  •  Jan 9, 2008 @10:15 pm

is it this weekend? i forget. how terrible of me. i thought i had it in my calander but i think i forgot